It’s hard to believe that in less than 7 months, a home was built, staged, toured and given away with the end results of more than 6500 tickets reserved in a near-record six days and $650,000 was raised to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
A lot of hard work, long days, excitement and comradeship developed throughout the building process of Kansas’ first ever St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway house. It truly was a team effort and wouldn’t have been possible without the support of so many amazing individuals.
When the Nies team first heard about the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway fundraiser and worked with the Dream Home team at St. Jude to bring it to the Wichita area, we were excited about the opportunity to support St. Jude and its mission to end childhood cancers. With our trade partners, we were able to do just that.
However, what we received was so much more. The stories we heard about families touched by the amazing research done at St. Jude. Or the courageous Bella and the entire Bush family, who became the “face” of this first home. And all of the other local patients and their families who we’ve come to know.
On Wednesday, May 25, many received phone calls from the St. Jude team representatives and KSN news team about winning many prizes in addition to winning the beautiful home.
We want to congratulate each winner and thank them for their support of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
– Glenda Gaddis (Haysville): Winner of the 2016 St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway house
– Vern Conley (Goddard): Winner of the $10,000 FFO Home shopping spree
– Larry Long (Clearwater): Winner of the $3,000 white gold diamond tennis bracelet, courtesy of Powell Jewelry.
– Max Brown (Wichita): Winner of the $1,000 Brizo Artesso pull-down Smart Touch Technology faucet with coordinating soap dispenser
– Cheryl Hughes (Scott City): Winner of the $1,000 VISA gift card, courtesy of All My Sons Moving & Storage
– Janet Heckathorn (Pretty Prairie): Winner of the $1,000 VISA gift card, courtesy of Fidelity Bank
– Tim Carlisle (Mulvane): Winner of the $5,000 VISA gift card, courtesy of The Wichita Luxury Collection
– Lisa Hood (Bucklin): Winner of the Allentown Driftwood black felt pool table and accessories plus a Legacy Elite 12 ft. shuffleboard table, a value of $5,000 courtesy of Chilton Billiards &Spa.
So while we have reached the conclusion of the 2016 St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway house, our thoughts are already turning to how we can make 2017 even better and bigger, with our main focus of helping families with their fight against a horrible disease.
Continue to check stjude.nieshomes.com as we will be posting news soon regarding our 2017 St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway.